WEST GEORGIA COMMONS MALL

Manuscript MS-2008.11

1980-1981

SOURCE: Whit Perry
SIZE: .1 lf
SHELVING UNIT: 3 folders
PROCESSING: BNJ, 2008
 

HISTORICAL NOTE:

West Georgia Commons Mall was developed by Cousins Properties Incorporated of Atlanta, Georgia. The Mall, located at 1501 Greenville Road, was the first enclosed mall in LaGrange and was located near Interstate 85, which opened in 1977. The Mall opened in March 1979, with 40 stores. J. Whitley (Whit) Perry was the first manager/marketing director of the mall

SCOPE AND CONTENT:

The collection consists of two handbooks for mall merchants which list stores and managers as well as marketing information that details the LaGrange retail market. The handbooks offer marketing strategies as well as promotional information and contests for the years. A third notebook details information and supportive documentation on a 1980 vacation "give away" contest that earned the mall a MAXI award. The MAXI Awards Program is an international marketing competition that recognizes excellence in shopping center marketing and is given to centers that designed, implemented and documented effective and creative marketing programs that promoted retail growth.

CONTAINER LIST:

Folders
1-2 Merchant Handbooks, 1980-81
3 MAXI Sales Merchandising Promotion documentation, 1980 (The Big Game)
4-6 MAXI Sales Promotion (Got the World on a String)

ART-2008.37 MAXI Award presented to Whit Perry and West Georgia Commons, 1980

TRACINGS:

Businesses, LaGrange