TALISMAN GARDEN CLUB

Manuscript MS-2008.09

1973-2003


SOURCE: Talisman Garden Club
SIZE: 1 lf
SHELVING UNIT: 1 document box
PROCESSING: BNJ, 2008

 

HISTORICAL NOTE:

The Talisman Garden Club was established in 1953 as part of the Elms and Roses Garden Council. The club has sponsored and participated in numerous flower shows and in addition has supported school and community activities in LaGrange by decorating Christmas trees at West Georgia Medical Center, beautifying school campuses and identifying trees at schools for students to study on nature walks.

 

SCOPE AND CONTENT:

The collection consists of minutes, correspondence, membership list and by-laws for the time period. Some state and national directories are included as are two silver plate awards, one dated 1982.

 

CONTAINER LIST:

1 document box of records

Item Removed:

ART-2008.34 Polaroid One Step Camera, c1980s

 

TRACINGS:

Garden Clubs--LaGrange