PINE NEEDLE GARDEN CLUB
Source: Harriet Willis 1984 and Pine Needle Garden Club 1995
Size: 2 linear feet
Shelving Units: 9 manuscript folders, 9 scrapbooks, and photographs
Processing: PHW, June 2000
The Pine Needle Garden Club was organized around 1953 as part of the Elms and Roses Garden Council. Originally the club was called the Perennial Six Garden Club, but the name was changed in 1955 to Pine Needle Garden Club. It is one of the oldest garden clubs in Troup County. The club has been active in projects in the LaGrange area, including ecological projects, Christmas projects with the state hospital in Milledgeville, and an annual fundraising Christmas dinner. The club also took part in Olympic activities. They frequently host flower shows and competitions.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection is comprised of manuscript folders, scrapbooks, and photographs. The folders and scrapbooks contain newspaper articles, photographs, event programs, yearbooks, and certificates. A description of the clubs purpose along with membership lists and by-laws can be found in the yearbooks of the club contained within the manuscript folders. A history of the club by club member Brenda Thomas can also be found in the manuscript folders. The photographs are of flower shows, competitions, and events.
9 manuscipt folders
1 Newspaper Articles- 1990-91
2 Trees on parade handbooks- 1993-94
3-4 Yearbooks and Programs 1972-93
5 Tree Award Folders
6 Bird folder- 1985
7 Various Certificates and Awards- c.1985
8 Club constitution, news articles, and a letter-c.1985
9 History of Pine Needle Garden Club- c.1980
Photographs- Photographs of flower arrangements and table displays. One photograph of unidentified woman.
Garden Clubs- Troup County
Elms and Roses Garden Club Council