IRIS GARDEN CLUB
SOURCE: Mrs. John Goldwire, 1996
SIZE: 2 linear feet
SHELVING UNITS: 8 scrapbooks
PROCESSING: PHW, February 2001
The Iris Garden Club was founded in 1953 as the Iris section of The Elms and Roses Garden club and became the Iris Garden Club when the Elms and Roses Garden club council was formed in 1956. The club took part in early flower shows sponsored by the Lions Club and in the annual Christmas Tour of Homes sponsored by the council. Among the numerous service projects they have participated in is the annual donation of gifts to local nursing homes at Christmas and decorating an area in the City-County Hospital (now West Georgia Medical Center).
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
This collection is comprised of 10 scrapbooks. The scrapbooks span the years 1953 to 1988. Contained within the scrapbooks are photographs, minutes, awards, event programs, brochures, and correspondence. Information within the scrapbooks gives insight into the various activities of the club.
Garden Clubs - Troup County
Elms & Roses Garden Club Council