INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES, INC. - MINUTES
INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES, INC. - MINUTES1937-52
Manuscript Collection No. 143a
SOURCE: Estate of O. F. Nixon, Jr., April 5, 1996.
SIZE: 1 volume
SHELVING UNITS: 1 volume
PROCESSING: GEC, March 1999
O. F. Nixon, Jr., founded and was a member of the Board of Directors (1939-1952), Vice-President (1938-40), and President (1940-52) of Industrial Supplies, Inc.
Industrial Supplies, Inc. was formed in LaGrange on January 8, 1937 by Cason J. Callaway, Fuller E. Callaway, Jr., E. Lee Talman, William H. Turner, Jr. and Hatton Lovejoy. All but Talman remained with the company throughout its existence. Industrial Supplies, Inc. sold machinery parts and other factory products to local industries. Its main customer was Callaway Mills. During the closing years of World War II, the company experienced severe financial losses. As a result, Industrial Supplies, Inc. declared bankruptcy on December 27, 1945. The Board of Directors agreed to sell the company's name and assets to O. F. Nixon, Jr., who at the time was president of Industrial Supplies, Inc. Soon afterwards, Nixon formed a new company named Industrial Suppliers, Inc. The Board of Directors continued to hold quarterly meetings until December 31, 1952, when all matters related to the company's bankruptcy were completed. Industrial Suppliers Inc., was located in a brick warehouse on Morgan Street in LaGrange and operated until 1992.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The collection consists of the meeting minutes of the Industrial Supplies Inc., Board of Directors from 1937-1952. These minutes are found in one volume. Information found in the minutes include the company's by-laws, amendments, and resolutions; the election of officers; quarterly and annual financial reports. The collection also includes the company's notary stamp.
MS-134b Lucy Lanier Nixon Foundation Minutes, 1950-1970 (She was the first wife of O. F. Nixon, Jr.)
Businesses - LaGrange